Experienced, reliable shop/on-the-road mechanic who possesses the overall knowledge, skills and abilities to service, trouble shoot/diagnose, repair, fabricate, rebuild and maintain company vehicles and equipment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintenance and repair of vehicle fleet and construction equipment, repairing and replacing of broken and damaged parts, etc.. Strong hydraulic repair knowledge of pumps, valves, cylinder and computer interfaces. Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment. This position will be based out of our Kearneysville WV headquarters. However, the mechanic will be required to travel to various job sites to maintain and repair equipment.
• The ideal candidate will have 4 or more years of mechanic experience with heavy duty construction and excavating equipment.
• Must be able to travel to job site locations with a company vehicle to repair equipment malfunctions.
• Ability to diagnose and repair: Hydraulic systems, Diesel and Gas systems, Electrical systems, Brake systems and all related components.
• Welding ability is preferred.
• Must have class A CDL or be willing to obtain one with the company’s assistance.
• Must possess own tool set. Specialty tools will be provided.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must have a clean motor-vehicle record (Supply a current 3 year non-certified Record).
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
• Must be willing to work OT and weekends if needed.
• Must adhere to safe repair practices.
• Ability to observe and maintain excellent safety standards.
• Must be able to handle the physical requirements of climbing up and down equipment, bending over, stooping, crouching, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, and carry the same for short distances, and climbing up and down stairs and steep inclines. Able to sit in awkward positions for long periods and stand on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles.
• Ideal candidate will be well versed in mechanical experience, self-motivated to learn about our company and equipment, take ownership in his/her position and be able to think outside the box.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Must be willing to work in substandard weather, if necessary, to repair a machine for a crew.
Mechanics work Full Time. Work will be both in shop and at job sites in the Four State area or beyond. Mechanic may have to stay overnight at a designated job site location and work overtime as necessary.
This form indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this Job title. It is not designed to contain, nor should it be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of all employees who may have this same job title.